Providing a professional bar service at Brympton House
Some of our Faq's
Deposits and Payments
A booking deposit of £500 (£125 for Mid Week or Winter/Spring Offers) is required to secure services from Bacchus. This excludes Deluxe Bookings. Bacchus will send you a Deposit Invoice, and on receipt of payment will then send a booking confirmation to let you know your booking date is secured. Your Deposit will be deducted from your final invoice, which will be sent 4 weeks prior to your event date (unless requested earlier to secure guarantee prices). Invoices are payable on receipt. Deposits are non refundable. Please note: We regret because of the charge back clause we are unable to accept payment by Credit Card. ALL INVOICES NOW INCLUDE A SECURITY CHARGE OF £150.00 security fee TO Midnight. Additional charges apply after Midnight
1. Can I run a bar tab for my guests?
We are happy to run bar tabs, although please note Bars remain Cash Bars until your funds are in place received prior to service. Once funds are used up bars revert to Cash Bars, although additional funds may be added at any point. We regret all Bar Bills must be settled on the day, we are not permitted to invoice for drinks post event. Bar Tabs can be set up by making pre-payments of £500.00, £1,000 or multiples of. This amount can be added to your final invoice, sent 4 weeks prior to your event date. Any over payments will be refunded within 5 working days, please ensure that we have your Bank Account details for any refund to be made later. This should include: Account Name, Account Number and Sort Code
2. How much expenditure should I allow for a free bar?
Expenditure guide: An approximate spend for 100 guests is £1000.00 per hour. Th estimate includes all pump and bottled beers and ciders, still wine and Prosecco, standard spirits priced up to £5, all mixers and soft drinks, tea & coffee. The estimate excludes champagne, cocktails, high end spirits and shots.
3. Am I able to sample in package wines?
All our Day Package Wines are specially ordered in from our wine merchant, unfortunately we do not hold their stock at Brympton, however please feel free to contact them direct. They have been supplying us for many years, are expertly knowledgeable and experienced & always available to help and advise on food matching, so your wines compliment your wedding breakfast food perfectly. They will post discounted wines to your home for you to try with your family and friends Please contact Mr John O’keefe at
4. Can I extend the Stables bar closing time?
Yes, a late license extension allows you to extend the normal closing time of 11.30pm.
For a 1-hour extension from 11.30pm to 12.30am with 30 mins drinking up time - function to end at 1.00am - £450*
For a 2-hour extension from 11.30pm to 1.30am with 30 minutes drinking up time, function to end at 2.00am - £750*
This prince includes an additional security charge
*Additional Charges apply to New Years Eve
5. What time does my band or DJ have to stop playing music?
All music should cease 15 minutes after the bar has closed. After this time the band have a further 30 minutes ‘get out time’ to pack up their equipment. All equipment must be vacated at the end of the session and cannot be left on site overnight If security staff have to stay after this time extra charges will be incurred of £250 per hour or part of.
6. What are the free opening times for the bars?
The library bar is open for up two hours pre-ceremony from midday*. The Stables bar is open from the end of the wedding breakfast to 11.30 p.m. with 30 minutes drinking up time, function to end at midnight. Please note bar opening times exclude Brympton’s Mid Week and Winter Wedding Offers – which only include a free evening bar but The Library Bar can be opened during the day for an additional charge of £125 per two hour sessions. Please ensure guests who require Taxi's home book these in good time at the beginning of the evening, especially at weekends when demand is high.
*We regret these times are not transferable to any other part of the day, and only applicable to Bespoke and Deluxe bookings.
7. What time can the library bar stay open until in the evening?
The Library Bar in the main house closes at 11.30 pm with 30 minutes drinking up time, function to end at Midnight
8. I have ordered the night cap package, where will this be held and when will this begin? The night cap service is served in the Library Bar, @£700 for one hour – limited to resident guests, including the Stables and The Farm House guests (Maximum Number of guests 72). Please note there is an additional charge for extra guests staying in the Bell Tents of @£6.50 per. guest. The service runs for one hour from 20 minutes after the stables complex is closed from 12.20 a.m., unless a bar extension has been applied for (for a one-hour extension add 1 hour on to this time, for a 2-hour extension add 2 hours). Includes Hot Beverages, Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, a selection of Liquors, Malt Whiskies etc., including - Drambuie, Tia Maria, Grand Marnier, Baileys, Jameson’s Irish Whisky, Malt Whisky, Amaretto, Port & Cognac. Please remember this is a winding down service for residents who wish to have a quiet drink with other guests before retiring. For Example; if the stables bar closes at 11.30pm, you and your guests then have 30 minutes drinking up time, function to end at midnight. We then allow 20 minutes for your party to make their way over to the house for the service to begin at 12.20am and finishing at 1.20am.
9. What is your corkage charge?
For Weddings, the following corkage charges apply per. 75cl. bottle*:
Still Wine £12; Sparkling Wine £14; Champagne £18; Real Ales per pint £1.50; Bottled Beers 330 ml. £1.00; Soft Drinks are all priced @£2.50
*Terms and conditions apply:
Bacchus will chill your drinks and provide glassware for your Drinks Reception. Your Caterers will supply glassware for your Wedding Breakfast / Night Before Dinner. Your own drink supplies can only be permitted for use during your Drinks Reception and Wedding Breakfast on your wedding day. At the end of your Wedding Breakfast, anything left over will be packed up by Brympton’s Evening Events Manager - for you to take home the next morning (excluding opened bottles which will be disposed of, unless you instruct otherwise by the end of your dinner). After dinner, once licensed bars are open, it is not permitted to take any of your own alcohol into the Stables or Library Bar, which would be in breach of our liquor license.
BBQ’S AND GARDEN PARTIES THE NIGHT BEFORE
Corkage charges apply to any drinks you supply:
Still Wine £12; Sparkling Wine £14; Champagne £18; Real Ales per pint £1.50; Bottled Beers 330 ml. £1.00; Soft Drinks £0.75 per 200 ml
Please order your supplies through your Caterer and confirm glassware.
The Library Bar can be opened for BBQ’s and Garden Parties charged @ £250 (Maximum 6 Hours)
Outside Functions: if you plan to have an outside event on the terrace or anywhere within the curtilage of the property – you are politely reminded of the Noise Section of your BRYMPTON contract highlighted below.
Please show consideration and respect to our neighbours by keeping noise levels down, especially late at night. It is not permitted to play or cause to be played live or amplified music in the grounds after 7.30 pm. Live or amplified music may be played inside the venue after 7.30 pm but is subject to a noise limiter Corkage How it works - You make your delivery, all service is looked after by your catering team who will service your guests drinks reception & wedding breakfast as part of the price you agree to pay them. For your wedding breakfast your catering team will bring your wine selection to guest’s tables for self-serve and serve your Toast Drink – your Caterers can supply dedicated wine waiters for an additional charge
10. I have booked a Midweek/Winter Wedding Package with Brympton House, how does this work in terms of service?
Brympton’s Mid Week and Winter Wedding Packages should all be arranged through “SAGE WITH ZEST” who will supply all your glassware*. Their BYO OPTION is only for use during your Drinks Reception and Wedding Breakfast on your event day *Unless ordering a “Bacchus Day Drinks Package”. Bacchus will only be providing your evening bar in the Stables, from the end of your wedding breakfast to 11.30 pm (unless you have arranged a late license). Brympton’s BYO Drinks Option, including deliveries, should all be arranged through “SAGE WITH ZEST”, who will supply all your glassware included in your meal price, the BYO OPTION is only for use during your Drinks Reception and Wedding Breakfast on your event day. Bacchus can open their Day Bar in the Library in the main house for an additional charge/s @£125 for two hour sessions – Pre Ceremony, Post Ceremony or from 2 Hours prior to your ceremony through to the end of your Wedding Breakfast @£375.
At the end of the wedding breakfast, once licensed bars are open, it is not permitted to take any of your own alcohol to the Stables Reception, or any other open bars on the property, once cash sales are in progress – it is in breach of our liquor license and STRICTLY NOT PERMITTED.
11. Please can we meet to discuss our drinks options?
We are very happy to meet with couples any week day Monday - Friday, between 11 a.m & 3 p.m., subject to no events, we are sorry we are not available weekends. Alternatively we can arrange to call you to talk through your drink options - please let us know a convenient time and the best number to call, evenings are possible by prior arrangement
12. I have booked one of your Day Drinks Packages which includes ½ a bottle of wine per guest for dinner, what happens if we need more?
For a one off fee per guest (on top of your package price) your guests can have an unlimited supply of wine for your wedding breakfast, priced as follows per guest: Connoisseur’s Drinks Package £7.50pp, Sommelier’s Drinks Package £10.00pp. Alternatively you can make an arrangement with us to have some additional wine available
13. Can I supply my own drinks favour’s?
Yes, for alcoholic drink favour’s there is a small corkage charge per favour as follows:
• Small spirit measures (25ml) 75p
• Large spirit measures (50ml) £1.50
Please contact us regarding any other size of alcoholic drink favours, There is no charge for non alcoholic drink favours
14. I have purchased a Deluxe All Inclusive Wedding Package with Brympton House, can you tell me what this includes please? We understand all the details of this package have been itemised in the contract you have agreed with Brympton, please check your contract or contact Brympton House for more information
15. I have just booked my wedding at Brympton next year, will the prices quoted today still be valid for next year? We review our prices, packages and offers once a year, in January These are subject to change without notice, because of circumstances beyond our control, i.e. supplier’s increase’s or change in excise duty. Brexit has led to uncertainty and some concern amongst couples planning budgets. However, we do offer the opportunity to pre-pay, up to 12 months prior to your event date, which will guarantee no further price increases. For couples who take up this option, we would prepare an invoice based on estimated numbers, then raise a final invoice 4 weeks prior to the wedding date to take into account any amendments, this would be the final cut off point for further changes - any overpayments will be refunded the next working day
16. Can I supply my own barrels of beer or cider?
Yes, however “Real Ale” must be supplied “Bright” and ready to serve, please allow extra time for beer to condition, Corkage charges apply @£1.50 per pint. We will supply Plastic Glasses for your guests to self-serve. You can also supply your own Bottled beers/lagers (330ml) they are charged at @£1.15 per 330ml. bottle
17. I have purchased an evening drinks package from 7.30 to 11.30 p.m. can this be extended if I have a late license and how much would this cost? This Evening Drinks Package would usually run from 7.30 to 11.30 p.m. (4 x hrs.) and costed at £10 per hour per guest. It can be extended until 1.30 a.m. if required, the additional cost is based on pro rata basis per. guest’s numbers x the additional time required
18. I am supplying my own drinks under the “Supply Your Own” option, when should I make my delivery?
Deliveries of your own supplies can be made to Brympton by prior arrangement with Bacchus, up to 5 days prior to your event. Bacchus Staff are only at Brympton on event days. If you are not making the delivery yourself, please let your supplier know your delivery instructions. Alternatively Bacchus can arrange for a staff member to be on site to meet your delivery charged @£25 per hour. All deliveries must be clearly marked with your full name and event date. It is very important to familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions that apply to this option (Only available for use during the drinks reception and wedding breakfast, and no other days). Any opened / unopened bottles of wine not consumed at the wedding breakfast is not permitted to leave the dining area. Remaining UN-OPENED wine will be packed up by Brympton’s Evening Events Manager, for you to take home when you depart after breakfast the next day. It is strictly forbidden to take any remaining alcohol to your evening reception in the stables which operate under different licensing, once cash sales are in operation. We do not permit this For “Bring Your Own” Mid Week & Winter Wedding offers, please contact your Caterers to arrange deliveries.
19. I would like to order a Connoisseur’s or Sommelier’s Day Drinks package which includes 3 alcoholic drinks per guest for the drink’s reception, how does this work?
If you have 100 guests attending your reception the package will include 300 alcoholic drinks, which can be equally divided between your 3 choices (Max. 3 different choices) i.e 300 divided by 3 alcoholic drinks = 100 of each or the 300 drinks can be split any ratio you decide, just let us your ratios!
20. Reception Drinks – although I am considering purchasing a Day Drinks Package, I don’t want my guests to run out of drinks! What can be done if we need more drinks than our package provides?
Please contact us if this is a concern, we can make an arrangement to have some additional drinks in place should the need arise, although we are unable to make up additional Cocktail’s at short notice, additional Chilled Prosecco, Wine & Bottled Beers can be made available by arrangement which will need to be paid for before the evening bar closes
21. I am using the “Supply Your Own" Option” which terms and conditions apply – can you please explain these?
If selecting this option please provide details of what is being supplied, in order that we can provide the appropriate glassware for your Drinks Reception, please tell us what you want served – Bacchus will supply glassware for your Drinks Reception – service is looked after by your catering team for your drinks reception & wedding breakfast - as part of the price you agree to pay them. Caterer’s supply glassware for your wedding breakfast and bring your wine selection to guest’s tables for self-serve, except your Toast which will be served. Dedicated Wine Waiters can be supplied for an additional charge if required. “Supply Your Own” deliveries can be made to Brympton by prior arrangement with Bacchus up to 5 days prior to your event, because of limited space - earlier deliveries will be refused – please contact us for instructions on where and how to make your delivery. If you are not making the delivery yourself, but through a third party, please let your supplier know delivery instructions. Alternatively, it can be arranged for a Bacchus staff member to be on site to meet your delivery charged @£25 per. hour. Please let us know who is making the delivery and what is being delivered. It is important to familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of this option below:
Any remaining un-opened bottles of wine will be packed up by your caterers and the evening events manager from Brympton, ready for you to take home when you depart after breakfast the next day. Opened bottles will be disposed of unless we receive instructions to keep them by the end of the dinner.
It is very important to ensure all your own supplies are marked clearly, with your name and event date.
It is strictly forbidden to take any remaining alcohol from your wedding breakfast to your evening reception in the stables, where normal Licensing Laws will apply.
Your guests are not permitted to bring your/their own drinks onto the premises when cash sales are being made.
Licensing Laws are taken very seriously, guests found to be taking alcohol into the Stables, will immediately be requested to remove it - refusal may lead to cancellation of your evening event.
Please note the “Supply Your Own” option is for use during your Drinks Reception and Wedding Breakfast, on your wedding day only.
22. I am purchasing a Day Drinks Package – what happens if there is any left over unopened wine?
Any remaining un-opened bottles of wine will be packed up by Brympton’s Evening Events Manager - Wilson, ready for you to take home when you depart after breakfast the next day. Opened bottles will be disposed of unless we receive instructions to keep them - by the end of the dinner It is strictly forbidden to take any remaining alcohol from your wedding breakfast to your evening reception in the stables, once the Bar/s is open, normal Licensing Laws apply, guests are not permitted to bring your/their own drinks into the Stables when cash sales are being made. Licensing Laws are taken very seriously, guests found to be taking alcohol into the Stables, will immediately be requested to remove it - refusal may lead to cancellation of your evening event
23. Stables Bar Evening Reception, please explain how the drink service works
The bar is opened on a cash/card basis – this means guests purchase their own drinks You can decide to make alternative arrangements with us – here are some of the most popular arrangements couples make: You can put money behind the bar and “when it’s gone – it’s gone” the bar will then revert to a cash bar, or let you know when your funds are running low and you can top them up if you wish. Frequently couples ask us to restrict their drink selection to something like: All Pump Beers & Ciders, Standard Spirits and Mixers, Wine & Soft Drinks, No Shots, Champagne or Cocktail’s. We have a large blackboard that can be placed on the bar which would say something like: Tonight’s “Complimentary Drinks” All Pump Beers & Ciders, Standard Spirits and Mixers, Wine, Soft Drinks - Everything Else is on you! Or you could purchase one of our “evening drink packages”, for more information about these please visit our web site under drinks
24. Unacceptable Behaviour
WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE IN REGARD TO WHAT WE DEEM IS UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR, INCLUDING SUBSTANCE ABUSE, ABUSE TO STAFF AND THREATENING BEHAVIOUR, IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CLOSE DOWN YOUR EVENT IMMEDIATELY, you will forfeit the right to any compensation
25. Security Site Security Charge
As per your booking contract: A Security Charge will be added to your invoice: To Midnight £150, to 1 am plus £450, to 2 am £750.
Bacchus shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any belongings or injuries sustained by you or any member of your party or third party suppliers you have engaged. We reserve the right to close your event immediately for un acceptable behaviour without compensation, or cancel your booking at any time if deemed necessary, our total liability will be to refund to you all sums which you have already paid.